Learning how to listen to the word of God — with the purpose of discovering the meaning of what He said to His original audience — is an important skill to develop. This skill helps to not only discipline how we study and teach, but it allows the power of each passage to accomplish its intended purpose. God, in His omniscient wisdom, had a very precise message to deliver to each audience. Understanding what God intended to say and why allows a teacher to proclaim His message with authority, so that it can have God’s desired effect on those who hear.
If you would like to become better at listening to God’s word, so that you can be a more effective teacher (we are ALL called to make disciples, aka “teach”), then I encourage you to consider the annual “Speaking By Listening Conference“. At this Conference you will learn:
- Large Group Sessions:
- Instruction: You will be taught the process for how to effectively “listen” to a passage of scripture in order to effectively teach it.
- Exposition: You will have seasoned teachers model the skills for you using selected texts.
- Small Group Sessions:
- Practice: you will practice “listening” to 3-4 passages of scriptures you studied in advance (your assignments will be emailed to you after registering).
- Encouragement: others will demonstrate how they effectively “listened” to the passages they were also given to prepare.
Here are the Rest of the Conference Details:
- Thursday, February 16th 6:00pm-9:30pm
- Friday, February 17th 7:15am-5:00pm
- Saturday, February 18th 7:15am-Noon
- Click Here to Register Online Now
- Registration includes 3 meals, snacks and training notebook
LOCATION: Grace Baptist Church, 22833 Copper Hill Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
SPEAKERS: Dr. David Hegg, Dr. Paul Brown, Todd Smith and Robert Campbell
The cost is inexpensive AND the eternal benefits are “priceless”!